In light of the recent announcement this morning that State of Emergency has been declared in Victoria over COVID-19, a decision has been made by Australian Football Skool (AFS) management as event organisers to postpone the upcoming Casey Cup.

The safety of all players, staff and the general public is of paramount importance to us. We will be following all government announcements closely in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic and will provide further communication in relation to how this will ultimately affect the inaugural tournament in the weeks or months ahead.

We thank you for your patience. As you are aware the situation is very fluid at the moment and all we can do is make decisions as information from our health experts and government leaders becomes available.

We have yet seen this precedent in our 15-year history; these are uncharted waters for all of us.

AFS will make a final decision by the 1st May 2020 as to whether we reschedule, carry out a modified version or cancel the tournament for 2020.

Team managers have been emailed more detailed information on all the possible scenarios once a decision is reached.

We will make further announcements should things change over the coming period; otherwise our final decision will be on the 1st of May 2020.

We thank you again for your support and understanding and hope to work together to get our young players back out on the park as soon as possible and when safe to do so.

In the meantime we urge all to closely follow the advice posted by the DHHS on the link below